Diwali is surely the ultimate Hindu festival celebrated in India. It is the festival of light and its victory over darkness elaborates the victory of good over evil. As said by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Diwali is celebrated to kindle the light of wisdom and drive away the shadow of ignorance, to light life and to emboss a smile on every face.
The festival has a preparatory five days ritual with the main festival taking place on the new moon night of the Hindu month of Kartika. The religious significance of Diwali varies regionally. According to popular beliefs and as said in The Ramayana, Diwali is the day when Rama returned with Sita and Lakshman from exile. This festival is often linked with Goddess Lakshmi and offerings are made in her honour. Hindus of Odisha and West Bengal worship Goddess Kali and the festival is also called Kali Puja, regionally. Whereas in places like Braj and other Northern regions, Lord Krishna is recognized.
The dark autumn night of Diwali is lit with Diyas, candles and lanterns to adorn the surroundings. People burst fire crackers and other fireworks to celebrate with friends and family. Rangolis beautify the courtyards and floors of houses and feasts are organized to spend quality time with loved ones with delicacies being distributed in the end. Like any other festival in India, Diwali serves as an excuse for family gatherings and exchange of love and gifts among near and dear ones.
People clean and decorate their home and buy new commodities which marks the start of the biggest shopping season of the year. It’s a good time to buy appliances, kitchen utensils and other expensive items like car, jewellery, etc. Girls and women go shopping with a well justified reason in hand. It has become a custom to exchange gifts with friends and family to appreciate the love between each other. While buying for different heads can be an intimidating job, we have summed up a few Diwali gift ideas which would surely serve as excellent Diwali gift suggestions for many years to come.
- Apparel: If you want to make someone special the ultimate head turner in the celebration, choose the best outfit for her from a vast ethnic range of Kurtis to sync with the auspicious eve of Diwali.
- Precious Stone or Costume Jewelry: Make a statement and steal the show by gifting an extraordinary piece of Stone or costume accessory . No matter for whom you consider these unusual gifts, she would definitely appreciate the love you have for her.
- Designer wall clocks: What could be a better gift than something that shows the best time of the year? The super stylish Wall clocks add a look of class to the walls and easily attract anyone’s attention with its elegance.
- Laxmi idol and paintings: Make your loved ones feel blessed by gifting them a Laxmi idol or painting and ascertain their belief in the deity. Considered as one of the best Diwali gift ideas, these idols can be teamed up with Puja Thalis and Incense stick sets in order to gift them a complete Puja experience, this Diwali.
- Personal care items: Perfumes, lipsticks and other luxurious care items are something that everyone craves for and are considered as unusual gifts which surprise the receiver. Select from a wide range of Personal care items that promises to enhance the beauty of the user and make her look even more stunning on the day of celebration.
- Sweets and Chocolate Gift Packs: Diwali is all about sweets and delicacies. So indulge your dear ones into a sweet sin by shopping the best quality Delicacies and Chocolates gift sets which would not only make you their centre of attraction instantly but would also grant you some quality time to spend with them. There surely cannot be better Diwali gift suggestions than these.